- The Book of Ruth. New International Commentary on the Old Testament.Hubbard, Robert L., Jr.
“Scholars, pastors, and serious Bible students will welcome the fresh light that this commentary series casts on ancient yet familiar biblical texts. The contributors apply their proven scholarly expertise and wide experience as teachers to illumine our understanding of the Old Testament. As gifted writers, they present the results of the best recent research in an interesting manner.
Each commentary opens with an introduction to the biblical book, looking especially at questions concerning its background, authorship, date, purpose, structure, and theology. A select bibliography also points readers to resources for their own study. The author’s own translation from the original Hebrew forms the basis of the commentary proper. Verse-by-verse comments nicely balance in-depth discussions of technical matters — textual criticism, critical problems, and so on — with exposition of the biblical writer’s theology and its implications for the life of faith today.” -Amazon
Here are some other book that might interest you.
- Ruth and Esther: God Behind the Seen. Davis, Barry C. and A. Boyd Luter.
- Judges-Ruth. The New American Commentary. Block, Daniel I.
- Judges, Ruth. The NIV Application Commentary. Younger, K. Lawson, Jr.
- Judges and Ruth. Tyndale Old Testament Commentaries. Cundall, Arthur E. and Leon Morris.