Click on the title to order from Amazon; your purchase helps Maranatha. You can also click on the button to view the full Pastor’s Library
- Jesus Christ Our Lord. Walvoord, John F.
“Of the life and work of Jesus, the apostle John said, “Even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written” (John 21:25). Acknowledging the size of the task, as well as its importance, Dr. John F. Walvoord has written this systematic presentation of the Person and work of Christ from eternity past to eternity future. Beginning with an analysis of modern trends in the study of Christology, Dr. Walvoord shows that “contemporary Christology has in many respects confused rather than clarified the extended revelation of the Word of God.” The Word of God forms the solid basis for Dr. Walvoord’s entire study. Analyzing the Old Testament, he shows Christ in its history, typology, and prophecy. Then, in the New Testament, he examines the life and work of the incarnate Christ. The doctrines of atonement, redemption, propitiation, and reconciliation are thoroughly and clearly discussed. The book concludes with an examination of the present and future work of Christ, thus giving the reader a comprehensive study of Christology.” -Amazon.com
Here are some more books on Christology that may interest you
- Rays of Messiah’s Glory: Christ in the Old Testament. Baron, David.
- The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah: New Updated Edition. Edersheim, Alfred.
- The Word Became Flesh. Erickson, Millard J.
- Jesus Divine Messiah. Reymond, Robert L.
- The Person and Work of Christ. Warfield, B. B.
- Easter Enigma: Are the Resurrection Accounts in Conflict? Wenham, John.
- Was Christ God? Zodhiates, Spiros