Click on the title to order from Amazon; your purchase helps Maranatha. You can also click on the button to view the full Pastor’s Library
- The Epistles of John: An Expositional Commentary. Hiebert, D. Edmond.
“Dr. Edmond Hiebert covers 1 John, 2 John, and 3 John in this expositional commentary. He defends Johannine authorship and discusses textual evidence for the Johannine Comma of 1 John 5:7. His exposition highlights propitiation, a premillennial Antichrist, Christ’s imminent return, and warnings against false teachers and argues for an actual lady as recipient of 2 John. Expounding the Greek but accessible to English-only readers, Hiebert is especially valuable for sermon preparation.” -Amazon.com
Here are some other recommended books on the Johannine Epistles that might interest you
- 1, 2, 3 John. The New American Commentary. Akin, Daniel L.
- The Epistles of John. Expositional Commentary . Boice, James Montgomery.
- The Letters of John the Apostle: An In-Depth Commentary. Burdick, Donald W.
- John: The NIV Application Commentary. Burge, Gary.
- The Letters of John. Pillar New Testament Commentary. Kruse, Colin.
- The Epistles of John. The New International Commentary on the New Testament. Marshall, I. Howard.
- The Letters of John. Tyndale New Testament Commentaries. Stott, John R. W.
- 1, 2, and 3 John. Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament. Yarbrough, Robert.