Maranatha's Accounting degree offers you a world of opportunities beyond the job market. Besides making you profoundly employable, it enables you to help your local church with budgeting and internal accounting systems. This degree can also grant you entry into restricted-access countries, allowing you to share your faith more freely than typical missionaries can.
MBU graduates scored a 75-percent first-time pass rate on the 2014 CPA exam, compared to the national average of 55 percent. Ranked in the top 10 percent of schools nationwide for 2014 CPA exam pass rates, Maranatha boasts an outstanding faculty, qualified and eager to prepare you for success in the accounting industry.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of accounting terminology and concepts.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to solve accounting problems.
- Students will demonstrate skill in written and oral communication.
- Students will demonstrate expertise in using technology.
- Students will demonstrate Christian character and application of Biblical principles.
Suggested Course Schedule
- Intro. to Business & Management (3)
- Computer Applications Seminar (1)
- Old Testament Survey (3)
- English Composition 1 (3)
- Principles of Accounting 1 (3)
Total Credits: 15
- New Testament Survey (3)
- English Composition 2 (3)
- Principles of Accounting 2 (3)
- Music Elective (2)
- The Modern World (3)
- Fundamentals of Public Speaking (2)
Total Credits: 16
- Accounting Management
- Business Management
- Marketing Management
- Digital Media Communications
Potential Career Fields
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Management Accountant
- Forensic accountant
- Financial analyst
- Tax consultant
- Financial planner
- Budget analyst
- Chief financial officer
*Some careers and employment positions require graduate degrees, specialized training, or additional certification and licenses.
ALUMNI SPOTLIGHT | RACHEL WOODBY
Rachel (Downs) Woodby ('12) graduated with her Accounting CPA degree and began work as an audit associate at Side Bailly, LLP in Bismark, ND, soon after she passed her CPA exam. "At Maranatha, I learned professionalism demonstrated by there faculty, a good work ethic gained from all those course requirements, and leadership skill learned both in the dorm and the classroom," she said. Ride Bailly, LLP made an offer to Woodby's husband, Thomas ('14), as well, allowing husband and wife to work together.
MBU Program Faculty
Meet some of the people in who lead this program
Doctoral Candidate, Regent University
BM, Graduate School of Banking, University of Madison
BS Business Management, Cardinal Stritch University
DBA, Walden University
MBA, Syracuse University
BS, Montana State University
CPA, CGMA, and CDFM-A