BACHELOR OF SCIENCE | BIBLE
Overview | Bible
The in-depth academic study of God’s Word proves valuable to any Christian who wants to know more about the Bible or one who seeks a future in ministry. The Bachelor of Science in Bible equips students with a broad knowledge of the Bible, Christian applications, and specific tools for digging deeply into God’s Word.
This major is offered completely online and allows adult learners the flexibility of completing the program away from campus.
- Students will demonstrate mastery of the message of the Bible by explaining connections between individual elements, their context, and the cohesive whole.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to explain the Baptist distinctives in the context of Baptist history.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to articulate biblical doctrine in a systematic fashion.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate biblical truth effectively.
- Modern Creationary Thought (BIBC 223)
- Introduction to Philosophy (BIPH 330)
- Apologetics (BIPH 433)
- Fundamentalism (BIPA 472)
- Bible Captstone Portfolio (BIBI 475)
Online Course Catalog
Adam (’07) and Brittany (Buroker, ’05) Breiner have been married for 12 years and live in Bechtelsville, PA, with their three children—Hadleigh, Hudson, and Haddon. Since August 2018, Adam has served as pastor at Grace Baptist Church of Gilbertsville. Prior to coming to Grace, he served as the assistant pastor for two years at First Baptist Church of Santa Maria, CA, and also as assistant pastor for five years at Hamilton Hills Baptist Church in Fishers, Indiana.
Bible Major (61 credits)
Liberal Arts Core (31 credits)
Concentration/Minor (18 credits)
Open Electives (18 credits)
Minimum Credits Required: 128
Potential Career Fields
Sunday School teacher
Children’s Church teacher
Christian camp staff
*Some careers and employment positions require graduate degrees,
specialized training, or additional certification and licenses.
MBU Program Faculty
College of Bible and Church Ministries | Associate Professor
DMin, The Master’s Seminary
MDiv, Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary
BA Biblical Studies, Maranatha Baptist University
College of Bible and Church Ministries | Professor
PhD Church History, Bob Jones University
MA Church History, Bob Jones University
BS Mathematics, Bob Jones University