BACHELOR OF SCIENCE | BIBLE
Overview | Bible
The in-depth academic study of God’s Word proves valuable to any Christian who wants to know more about the Bible or who seeks to serve in a local church. The Bachelor of Science in Bible equips students with a broad knowledge of the Bible, Christian applications, and specific tools for digging deeply into God’s Word.
This major is offered completely online and allows adult learners the flexibility of completing the program away from campus.
- Students will demonstrate mastery of the message of the Bible by explaining connections between individual elements, their context, and the cohesive whole.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to explain the Baptist distinctives in the context of Baptist history.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to articulate biblical doctrine in a systematic fashion.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate biblical truth effectively.
- Modern Creationary Thought (BIBC 223)
- Introduction to Philosophy (BIPH 330)
- Apologetics (BIPH 433)
- Fundamentalism (BIPA 472)
- Bible Captstone Portfolio (BIBI 475)
Online Course Catalog
Matt Cook (’17) lives in Corvallis, OR, but he is seeking to move to Australia as a missionary. He graduated with a completely online BS degree in Bible. Currently his family travels to various churches to raise support. Matt shares that “the Bible training that I received at MBU was greatly useful in helping to prepare sermons, studies through specific books of the Bible and studies through specific topics that help in confidence in my current doctrinal positions. I appreciated the teaching styles of the various teachers as each shared their heart for the things of God. I hope to help with the establishment of a Bible Institute in the Outback, and I expect that my training and materials from MBU with help me in that process.”
Bible Major (61 credits)
Liberal Arts Core (31 credits)
Concentration/Minor (18 credits)
Open Electives (18 credits)
Minimum Credits Required: 128
Potential Career Fields
Sunday School teacher
Children’s Church teacher
Christian camp staff
*Some careers and employment positions require graduate degrees,
specialized training, or additional certification and licenses.
MBU Program Faculty
College of Bible and Church Ministries | Associate Professor
DMin, The Master’s Seminary
MDiv, Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary
BA Biblical Studies, Maranatha Baptist University
College of Bible and Church Ministries | Professor
PhD Church History, Bob Jones University
MA Church History, Bob Jones University
BS Mathematics, Bob Jones University