If you are fascinated by how molecules in living organisms work together to sustain life or your goal is to serve others by identifying cures for diseases such as cancer, a degree in Biochemistry is for you.
Maranatha’s Biochemistry degree will provide you the knowledge and laboratory skills to discover and understand the incredible world of molecular interactions that occur constantly within living organisms.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to comprehensively explain concepts and issues in biochemistry.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to design experiments to test original hypotheses using appropriate laboratory or field procedures.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply science and mathematics in the analysis and interpretation of data from lab experiments.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to present scientific research and critical analysis in oral presentations and technical writing.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to use scientific knowledge to declare the glory of the Creator as revealed in the Bible and His creation.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to function as a servant leader in a team environment.
Suggested Course Schedule
- General Biology 1 (4)
- General Chemistry 1 (4)
- Old Testament Survey (3)
- English Composition 1 (3)
- Music Elective (2)
Total Credits: 16
- General Chemistry 2 (4)
- Calculus 1 (5)
- New Testament Survey (3)
- English Composition 2 (3)
- Fundamentals of Public Speaking (2)
Total Credits: 17
Potential Career Fields
- Medical Researcher
- Forensic Scientist
- Analytical Chemist
- Athletic trainer
- Physical therapist
Some careers and employment positions require graduate degrees, specialized training, or additional certificates and licenses.
MBU Program Faculty
Meet some of the people in who lead this program
College of Arts and Science | Associate Professor
PhD Engineering Sciences/Biotechnology, Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiories de Monterrey, Monterrey, NL, Mexico
BMed, Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiories de Monterrey, Monterrey, NL, Mexico
PhD, University of Windsor, Windsor, ON, Canada
BS, Trent University, Peterborough, ON, Canada
College of Arts and Science | Professor
PhD Chemistry, University of Nebraska
BS Chemistry, Cedarville College