As an Early Childhood Education major, you have the opportunity to mold and shape children's mental, social, and spiritual growth during the crucial formative years. Research shows that by giving young children a sense of security and equipping them to handle the stresses of life, you can enhance their brain development. With a solid biblical foundation, this program trains you to model consistent Christlikeness and communicate truth to young children.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to identify a variety of differences among students and individualize instruction accordingly.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to effectively plan for instruction, incorporating a wide variety of strategies for instruction and classroom management.
- Students will demonstrate thorough knowledge and application to the teaching of their content.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to conduct and interpret a wide variety of assessments.
- Students will demonstrate professionalism in education.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to teach content according to a biblical worldview.
Suggested Course Schedule
- Introduction to Sociology (3)
- Child Care & Development (2)
- Math for the Elementary Teacher 1 (3)
- Old Testament Survey (3)
- English Composition 1 (3)
- Geography course (3)
Total Credits: 17
- New Testament Survey (3)
- English Composition 2 (3)
- Freshman Fieldwork (0)
- Foundations of Education (2)
- Math for the Elementary Teacher 2 (3)
- Fundamentals of Public Speaking (2)
- The Modern World (3)
Total Credits: 16
- Early Childhood Education
- Learning Disabilities
- Music Education
Potential Career Fields
- Preschool teacher
- Early childhood teacher
- Early childhood program supervisor
- Elementary school teacher
- Curriculum developer
- Mission field teacher
*Some careers and employment positions require graduate degrees, specialized training, or additional certification and licenses.
MBU Program Faculty
Meet some of the people in who lead this program
MEd Teaching and Learning, Liberty University
MS Pupil Personnel Services, Bob Jones University
BS Elementary Education, Bob Jones University
MS Special Education, University of North Dakota
EdD Curriculum and Instruction, Bob Jones University
MEd Elementary Education, Bob Jones University
BS Elementary Education, Maranatha Baptist University
MA Education Curriculum and Instruction, University of Phoenix
BS Mathematics and Engineering Physics, Northeastern State University