There is a glaring need in our country today for teachers who promote Christ-centered principles concerning sports and physical activity. From a biblical worldview, you can shape the next generation by choosing Maranatha's Physical Education and Health major. This program prepares you to teach physical education and health classes and to coach athletic teams in both Christian and public schools.
- Elementary/secondary coach
- College coach
- Recreational sports director
- Physical Education teacher
- Athletic director
*Some careers and employment positions require graduate degrees, specialized training, or additional certification and licenses.
Physical Education and Health Program Outcomes
- Physical Education and Health Majors will demonstrate their content knowledge by passing the Praxis II content test.
- Physical Education and Health Majors will demonstrate their content knowledge by passing all content course work.
- Physical Education and Health majors will achieve at least a B- grade on their pedagogy skills through numerous micro teaching and clinical teaching (fieldwork) experiences and edTPA portfolio.
- Physical Education and Health majors will display their dispositions concerning the rigors of the teaching profession by submitting high quality course work, high quality clinical teaching (fieldwork) preparation, and positive attitudes that inform their behavior.