There is a glaring need in our country today for teachers who promote Christ-centered principles concerning sports and physical activity. From a biblical worldview, you can shape the next generation by choosing Maranatha's Physical Education and Health major. This program prepares you to teach physical education and health classes and to coach athletic teams in both Christian and public schools.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to identify a variety of differences among students and individualize instruction accordingly.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to effectively plan for instruction, incorporating a wide variety of strategies for instruction and classroom management.
- Students will demonstrate thorough knowledge and application to the teaching of their content in physical education and health.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to conduct and interpret a wide variety of assessments.
- Students will demonstrate professionalism in education.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to teach content according to a biblical worldview.
Suggested Course Schedule
- Introduction to Sociology (3)
- Personal and Community Health (3)
- Old Testament Survey (3)
- English Composition 1 (3)
- The Modern World (3)
- Music Elective (2)
Total Credits: 17
- New Testament Survey (3)
- English Composition 2 (3)
- Freshmen Fieldwork (0)
- Foundations of Education (2)
- Intro. to Physical Education and Health (2)
- Consumerism in Health (2)
- Physical Science Elective (3)
- American Studies Elective (3)
Total Credits: 18
- Fundamentals of Public Speaking (2)
Total Credits: 2
- Sport Management
- Learning Disabilities
Potential Career Fields
- Elementary/secondary coach
- College coach
- Recreational sports director
- Physical Education teacher
- Athletic director
*Some careers and employment positions require graduate degrees, specialized training, or additional certification and licenses.
MBU Program Faculty
Meet some of the people in who lead this program
MS Athletic Administration, Edgewood College
BA Sport Management, St. Cloud State University
MSE Health/Human Performance and Recreation, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
MS Physical Education, University of West Florida
BS Physical Education, Olivet Nazarene University
MSS (Sport Science), United States Sports Academy
BS Elementary and Middle School Education, Gordon College
EdD Curriculum and Instruction, Bob Jones University
MEd Elementary Education, Bob Jones University
BS Elementary Education, Maranatha Baptist University