If you love the thought of stimulating inquisitive minds to investigate the world through biology, chemistry, physics, and other fields of science - and to do so from a biblical frame of reference - the Science Education major may be for you. This program gives you a solid foundation in biological, physical, and earth sciences as well as preparation in the art of teaching and passing this knowledge on to others. As a senior Science Education major, you complete a full semester of student teaching, inspiring young people to explore the world through science.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to identify a variety of differences among students and individualize instruction accordingly.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to effectively plan for instruction, incorporating a wide variety of strategies for instruction and classroom management.
- Students will demonstrate thorough knowledge and application to the teaching of their content in Biology (Life Sciences) and Chemistry (Physical Sciences).
- Students will demonstrate the ability to conduct and interpret a wide variety of assessments.
- Students will demonstrate professionalism in education.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to teach content according to a biblical worldview.
Suggested Course Schedule
- Introduction to Sociology (3)
- General Chemistry 1+ (4)
- General Biology 1* (4)
- Old Testament Survey (3)
- English Composition 1 (3
- Music Elective (2)
- Fundamentals of Public Speaking (2)
Total Credits: 17
- Foundations of Education (2)
- General Chemistry 2+ (4)
- General Biology 2* (4)
- New Testament Survey (3)
- English Composition 2 (3)
- The Modern World (3)
- Freshman Fieldwork (0)
Total Credits: 15
As a science education major, you must choose either *Biology Track or +Chemistry Track
- Early Childhood Education
Potential Career Fields
- Science teacher
*Some careers and employment positions require graduate degrees, specialized training, or additional certification and licenses.
MBU Program Faculty
Meet some of the people in who lead this program
PhD Chemistry, University of Nebraska
BS Chemistry, Cedarville College
PhD, University of Windsor, Windsor, ON, Canada
BS, Trent University, Peterborough, ON, Canada
PhD Engineering Sciences/Biotechnology, Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiories de Monterrey, Monterrey, NL, Mexico
BMed, Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiories de Monterrey, Monterrey, NL, Mexico
PhD Mathematics, Kansas State University
MS Mathematics, Kansas State University
BS Mathematics Education, Maranatha Baptist University