If you are looking for a strong foundation in business and sport management concepts, Maranatha's Sport Management degree is for you. Courses include marketing, promotion, sales, societal issues in sports, ethical issues in sports, event planning and production, facility management, sports financing, and business law. This unique blend of studies is designed to cover a wide variety of full-time employment opportunities. In the United States alone, sport management is a multi-billion dollar industry that offers thousands of exciting job possibilities.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of sport management terminology and concepts.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to solve sport management problems.
- Students will demonstrate skill in writing and oral communication.
- Students will demonstrate expertise in using technology.
- Students will demonstrate Christian character and application of Biblical principles.
Suggested Course Schedule
- Intro. to Sport Management (2)
- Intro. to Business & Management (3)
- Computer Applications (3)
- Old Testament Survey (3)
- English Composition 1 (3)
- The Modern World (3)
Total Credits: 17
- New Testament Survey (3)
- English Composition 2 (3)
- Sport and Society (2)
- Fundamentals of Public Speaking (2)
- Science Elective (3)
- Math Elective (3)
Total Credits: 16
- Accounting Management
- Business Management
Potential Career Fields
- Interscholastic athletic administrator
- Youth, amateur, and recreational sport administrator
- Sport promoter/marketer
- Professional athlete representative
- Sports information director
*Some careers and employment positions require graduate degrees, specialized training, or additional certification and licenses.
ALUMNI SPOTLIGHT | STEVEN SCHMITZ
Steven Schmitz ('12) graduated from Maranatha with a BS in Sport Management and obtained a job as the Group Sales Account Executive for the Detroit Pistons and Palace Sports and Entertainment, selling group tickets to games and family shows. "My MBU degree allowed me to get hands-on experience in the community as well as the athletic department through the practicums. I also gained a lot of valuable experience through my required internship and that led to my first job in sports."
MBU Program Faculty
Meet some of the people in who lead this program
Doctoral Candidate, Regent University
BM, Graduate School of Banking, University of Madison
BS Business Management, Cardinal Stritch University
DBA, Walden University
MBA, Syracuse University
BS, Montana State University
CPA, CGMA, and CDFM-A
MS Athletic Administration, Edgewood College
BA Sport Management, St. Cloud State University