Great Lakes Music Festival
January 31-February 1, 2020
Registration begins September 1, 2019.
Great Lakes Music Festival can be described as a musically-enriching weekend of concentrated music-making with instrumental, vocal, and piano enthusiasts grades 8-12. Experience the thrill of performing in a choir of both high school and university students while also participating in a focused track: band, orchestra, piano, men’s chorus, or ladies’ chorus/tone chimes. You will not want to miss out on this amazing musical experience!
Great Lakes Music Festival Details
Date & Time
Friday and Saturday
January 31-February 1, 2020
Details coming soon!
- On Friday evening, one of Maranatha’s groups will be giving a special program for the attendees.
- The closing festival concert is on Saturday, February 1, at 1:30 PM in the Maranatha Gymnasium. Free admission. The festival choir and each track will be performing the selections they have rehearsed. If you are unable to attend, watch the livestream at mbu.edu/live.
- Please register using the online registration form. Upon completion of the registration, you will be directed to a payment page.
- Registrations will be processed after the payment is received. At that time, you will be given a password to the music page so you can download and start rehearsing.
- To enable us to be as prepared as possible for the festival, participants should register no later than January 8. Participants may still register after January 8, but the fee increases $15 and roommate requests in dorms will not be honored.
Participants who stay in the dorms pay $50 if registering by January 8 ($65 after January 8), which includes the festival instruction, Friday supper, Saturday breakfast, Saturday lunch, Friday night lodging, and use of music.
- Commuters pay $35 ($50 after January 8) which includes the festival instruction, Friday supper, Saturday lunch, and use of music.
- We ask school groups to submit a check for 50% down by January 8 in order to receive the early-bird rate. This payment transferable, but non-refundable.
- Sponsors/Parents/Teachers should register and may participate for free. Sponsors will receive 3 free meal tickets for every 6 participants-please pick up tickets at the Welcome Desk. Additional meal tickets may be purchased at the Dining Complex.
- Refunds will only be given for cancelations if a written request is received by January 8. A $10 administrative fee will be subtracted from the refund amount.
- The festival begins with check-in on Friday, January 31, from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
- The festival concludes with a full concert on Saturday, February 1 from 1:30-3:00. The concert is free and open to the public, so be sure to invite family and friends!
- See button above for full schedule.
Dorm space is limited. Therefore, please do not delay in your registering.
- Only students are allowed to stay in the dorms.
- Most dorm rooms accommodate only one guest, but we make a significant effort to house church and school groups together in the same dorm, and hopefully the same hallway.
- Roommate requests and changes in dorms made after the January 8 early-bird date will not be honored.
- Limited on-campus housing is available for sponsors. Otherwise, sponsors, teachers and parents are asked to find accommodations off campus.
What to Bring
- Clothing: Participants may wear casual clothing for classes and rehearsals (pants are allowed for men and women). Saturday concert attire is dress pants/shirts and a tie for men and knee-length skirts for women.
- Dorms: Bring bedding and towels.
- Money: Bring money to purchase items from Maranatha’s Campus Store and Old Main Cafe.
- Instruments: Participants bringing instruments must clearly label their case with their name, address, and phone number.
Our annual High School Piano Scholarship Competition will take place the day before the Great Lakes Music Festival on Thursday, January 30! For more information on the piano competition, see the High School Piano Competition page.
Track Specific Info
We offer tracks in Band, Orchestra, Men's Chorus, Ladies' Chorus, and Piano. Additionally, all participants sing in the Festival Chorus.