Looking forward to
"Songs, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs" in 2018!
Great Lakes Music Festival can be described as a musically enriching weekend of concentrated music-making with instrumental, vocal, and piano enthusiasts grades 8-12. Experience the thrill of performing in a choir of both high school and university students while also participating in a focused track: band, orchestra, piano, men’s chorus, or ladies’ chorus/tone chimes. You will not want to miss out on this amazing musical experience!
Great Lakes Details
Friday and Saturday
January 26 and 27, 2018
Theme"A Time to Remember"
- On Friday evening, one of Maranatha's groups will be giving a special program at 8:45 in the gymnasium.
- You won't want to miss Saturday afternoon's final concert in the gymnasium at 1:30 p.m. If you cannot come to town, you can watch it live from home.
- The festival begins with check-in on Friday, from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m.
- The festival concludes with a full concert on Saturday, from 1:30-3:30. The concert is free and open to the public, so be sure to invite family and friends!
- Please register and pay using the online registration form. Upon submitting the form, you will be directed to a payment page at which time you can pay with a debit or credit card.
- Registrations will be processed after the payment is received.
- After registration and payment have come through, students will receive a password for the music to rehearse before arriving.
- Participants who stay in the dorms pay $65, which includes the festival instruction, Friday supper, Saturday breakfast, Saturday lunch, Friday night lodging, and use of music.
- Commuters pay $50 which includes the festival instruction, Friday supper, Saturday lunch, and use of music.
- Sponsors/Parents/Teachers should register and may participate for free. Sponsors will receive 3 free meal ticks for every 6 participants-please pick up tickets at the Welcome Desk. Additional meal tickets may be purchased at the Dining Complex.
- Refunds will only be given for cancellations if a written request is received by January 9. A $10 administrative fee will be subtracted from the refund amount.
- Dorm space is limited. Therefore, please do not delay in your registering.
- Only students are allowed to stay in the dorms.
- Dorm lodging requests made the week of GLMF are subject to a $6 fee.
- Sponsors, teachers and parents are asked to find accommodations off campus.
What to Bring
- Clothing: Participants may wear casual clothing for classes and rehearsals (pants are allowed for men and women). Saturday concert attire is dress pants/shirts and a tie for men and skirts for women.
- Dorms: Bring bedding and towels.
- Money: Bring money to purchase items from Maranatha's Campus Store and Old Main Cafe.
- Instruments: Participants bringing instruments must clearly label their case with their name, address, and phone number.
- Dramatic Production
- Maranatha Musician
- Music Events
- Performing Groups
- Music & Drama Camps
- Great Lakes Music Festival
- Prospective Music Students
- Music Prep School
- Artisans in Brass
Those interested in the piano track should see GLMF Piano Track Info.
Our annual Piano Competition will take place the day before the Great Lakes Music Festival on Thursday, January 25! For more information on the piano competition, see the High School Piano Competition page.
You can view photos from previous festivals!