"Jubilee" in 2018!
Join us as Maranatha Baptist University celebrates our 50th year! Great Lakes Music Festival can be described as a musically enriching weekend of concentrated music-making with instrumental, vocal, and piano enthusiasts grades 8-12. Experience the thrill of performing in a choir of both high school and university students while also participating in a focused track: band, orchestra, piano, men’s chorus, or ladies’ chorus/tone chimes. You will not want to miss out on this amazing musical experience!
Great Lakes Details
Friday and Saturday
January 26 and 27, 2018
- On Friday evening, one of Maranatha's groups will be giving a special program at 8:45 in the gymnasium.
- You won't want to miss Saturday afternoon's final concert in the gymnasium at 1:30 p.m. If you cannot come to town, you can watch it live from home.
- The festival begins with check-in on Friday, from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m.
- The festival concludes with a full concert on Saturday, from 1:30-3:30. The concert is free and open to the public, so be sure to invite family and friends!
- Please register and pay using the online registration form. Upon submitting the form, you will be directed to a payment page at which time you can pay with a debit or credit card.
- Registrations will be processed after the payment is received.
- After registration and payment have come through, students will receive a password for the music to rehearse before arriving.
- Participants who stay in the dorms pay $65, which includes the festival instruction, Friday supper, Saturday breakfast, Saturday lunch, Friday night lodging, and use of music.
- Commuters pay $50 which includes the festival instruction, Friday supper, Saturday lunch, and use of music.
- Sponsors/Parents/Teachers should register and may participate for free. Sponsors will receive 3 free meal ticks for every 6 participants-please pick up tickets at the Welcome Desk. Additional meal tickets may be purchased at the Dining Complex.
- Refunds will only be given for cancellations if a written request is received by January 9. A $10 administrative fee will be subtracted from the refund amount.
- Dorm space is limited. Therefore, please do not delay in your registering.
- Only students are allowed to stay in the dorms.
- Dorm lodging requests made the week of GLMF are subject to a $6 fee.
- Sponsors, teachers and parents are asked to find accommodations off campus.
What to Bring
- Clothing: Participants may wear casual clothing for classes and rehearsals (pants are allowed for men and women). Saturday concert attire is dress pants/shirts and a tie for men and skirts for women.
- Dorms: Bring bedding and towels.
- Money: Bring money to purchase items from Maranatha's Campus Store and Old Main Cafe.
- Instruments: Participants bringing instruments must clearly label their case with their name, address, and phone number.