Maranatha seeks to honor and award those students who have displayed exceptional academics in high school. The Academic Merit Scholarship is awarded to new students enrolling fall 2017 based on their ACT or SAT score.
The potential $20,000 scholarship (up to $5,000 per year for four years) is awarded based on the following:
|ACT Composite Score||SAT Score||Amount Awarded|
|30+||1980||$5,000 per year ($2,500 per semester)|
|27-29||1800||$3,500 per year ($1,750 per semester)|
|25-26||1680||$1,000 per year ($500 per semester)|
Academic Merit Scholarship criteria:
- The student must complete an application for admission to Maranatha.
- Scholarship applications must be submitted before arriving as a student.
- The student must be a new student at Maranatha and carry at least 12 hours of Maranatha residential (main campus) class work each semester. Hours taken at other institutions do not count toward the 12 hours at Maranatha.
- The student must attain an ACT composite score of at least 25 or a minimum SAT score of 1680 to be eligible for this scholarship.
- The student must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than 30 days after the start of his or her first semester. The FAFSA must be completed for each following school year by Nov. 1/April 1 of the appropriate semester.
- If the applicant does not live in a Maranatha residence hall, the annual scholarship will be $1,000.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) Requirements: Semester final grades (cumulative GPA) determine eligibility for the following semester. FRESHMEN must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at the end of their second semester. SOPHOMORES, JUNIORS AND SENIORS must have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher at the end of each semester.
- The award will be credited to the student’s account on or about November 15 and April 15 of each year, provided the student has maintained eligibility.
- The student must be enrolled at the time of disbursement to have the awarded funds credited to their account.
- The scholarship will not be credited any semester the recipient has over 100 demerits (85 if on disciplinary probation). If a student ends a semester with 125 or more demerits (85 if on disciplinary probation), (s)he will not be eligible for the scholarship the following semester.
A limited number of Academic Merit Scholarships are available each year. Students are eligible to receive only one Maranatha-sponsored scholarship unless otherwise noted. A student may not qualify for more than eight semesters. Once a student loses eligibility, the scholarship is forfeited. The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to discontinue or reduce any scholarship and/or make changes to the scholarship criteria.
Contact Maranatha’s Financial Aid office at 920.206.2318 for more information.