Maranatha seeks to honor and award those students who have displayed exceptional academics in high school. The Academic Merit Scholarship is awarded to new students based on their ACT or SAT score.
The potential $20,000 scholarship (up to $5,000 per year for four years) is awarded based on the following:
|ACT Composite Score||SAT Composite Score||Amount Awarded|
|30+||1390+||$5,000 per year ($2,500 per semester)|
|27-29||1280-1380||$3,500 per year ($1,750 per semester)|
|25-26||1200-1270||$1,000 per year ($500 per semester)|
Academic Merit Scholarship criteria:
Scholarship applicants must:
- Apply for the scholarship before arriving as a student.
- Be a new student at Maranatha and carry at least 12 hours of Maranatha residential (main campus) class work each semester. Hours taken at other institutions do not count toward the 12 hours at Maranatha.
- Attain an ACT composite score of at least 25 or a minimum SAT score of 1200 to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than 30 days after the start of their first semester. The FAFSA must be completed for each following school year by Nov. 1/April 1 of the appropriate semester. The scholarship can be approved prior to the submission of the FAFSA, but will not be applied until the FAFSA is complete.
- If the applicant does not live in a Maranatha residence hall, the annual scholarship will be $1,000.
Maintaining scholarship eligibility:
- Grade Point Average (GPA) Requirements: Semester final grades (cumulative GPA) determine eligibility for the following semester.
- FRESHMEN must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at the end of their second semester.
- SOPHOMORES, JUNIORS AND SENIORS (59 credits or more) must have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher at the end of each semester.
- The award will be credited to the student’s account on or about December 1 and April 25 of each year, provided the student has maintained eligibility.
- The student must be enrolled at the time of disbursement to have the awarded funds credited to his/her account.
- The scholarship will not be credited any semester the recipient has over 125 demerits (100 if on disciplinary probation).
A limited number of Academic Merit Scholarships are available each year.
Students are eligible to receive only one Maranatha-sponsored scholarship unless otherwise noted. A student may not qualify for more than eight semesters.
Once a student loses eligibility, the scholarship is forfeited.
The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to discontinue or reduce any scholarship and/or make changes to the scholarship criteria.
Contact Maranatha’s Financial Aid Office by email or by calling (920) 206-2318 for more information.