Maranatha is thankful for the many students who come from godly pastors’, evangelists’, or missionaries’ homes. We also understand that often, the ministry can be financially difficult, but we believe God provides through a number of different means when He wants a student at Maranatha. One such means is the Pastor’s Scholarship.
The potential $6,000 scholarship (up to $1,500 per year for four years) is intended for those students whose father is a full-time fundamental Baptist pastor, pastoral staff member, evangelist, missionary, chaplain or Christian camp director.
Pastor’s Scholarship criteria:
Scholarship applicants must:
- Apply for the scholarship before arriving as a student.
- Be a dependent child of a pastor employed in full-time ministry:
- Senior pastor or a pastoral staff member of a fundamental Baptist church
- Director of a fundamental Christian camp
- Evangelist, chaplain or missionary who is sent from an independent Baptist church
- Be a new student at Maranatha and carry at least 12 hours of Maranatha residential (main campus) class work each semester. Hours taken at other institutions do not count toward the 12 hours at Maranatha.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than 30 days after the start of their first semester. The FAFSA must be completed for each following school year by Nov. 1/April 1 of the appropriate semester. The scholarship can be approved prior to the submission of the FAFSA, but will not be applied until the FAFSA is complete.
Maintaining scholarship eligibility:
- If the applicant does not live in a Maranatha residence hall at the time of disbursement, the scholarship will be reduced by 50%.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) Requirements: Semester final grades (cumulative GPA) determine eligibility for the following semester.
- FRESHMEN must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher at the end of their second semester.
- SOPHOMORES (having less than 59 credits) must have a cumulative GPA of 2.25 or higher at the end of each semester.
- JUNIORS AND SENIORS (59 credits or more) must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher at the end of each semester.
- The award will be disbursed to the student's account on or about December 1 and April 25 of each year, provided the student has maintained eligibility.
- The student must be enrolled at the time of disbursement to have the awarded funds credited to his/her account.
- The scholarship will not be credited any semester the recipient has more than 125 demerits (100 if on disciplinary probation).
A limited number of Pastor's Scholarships are available each year.
Students are eligible to receive only one Maranatha-sponsored scholarship unless otherwise noted. A student may not qualify for more than eight semesters.
Once a student loses eligibility, the scholarship is forfeited.
The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to discontinue or reduce any scholarship and/or make changes to the scholarship criteria.
Contact Maranatha’s Financial Aid Office by email or by calling (920) 206-2318 for more information.