UNDERGRADUATE BACHELORS | ACCOUNTING MANAGEMENT

Degree Overview

Maranatha's Accounting Management major is designed to train you as a manager with specialized knowledge in accounting, enabling  you to prepare and analyze financial reports for businesses, governments, and other organizations. Godly, experienced business faculty members reinforce the importance of possessing both technical skills and personal integrity. This major results in a Bachelor of Business Administration degree, providing you with an ideal foundation for graduate study in more specialized accounting fields or other areas of business. In a recent survey of all accounting graduates on record, 82 percent of MBU accounting graduates are employed in their field of study, and the remaining 18 percent are employed in business management or leadership.

 

Program Outcomes

  • Knowledge of accounting terminology and concepts
  • Ability to solve accounting problems
  • Skill in written and oral communication
  • Expertise in using technology
  • Ability to gain employment or pursue graduate education in accounting or a related field

Suggested Course Schedule

1st Year

Semester 1

  • Intro. to Business & Management (3)
  • Computer Applications (3)
  • Old or New Testament Survey (3)
  • English Composition 1 (3)
  • The Modern World

Total Credits: 15

Semester 2

  • Old or New Testament Survey (3)
  • English Composition 2 (3)
  • Fundamentals of Public Speaking (2)
  • Science Elective (3)
  • Music Elective (2)
  • Open Elective (3)

Total Credits: 16

2nd Year
3rd Year
4th Year

Related Minors

  • Accounting Management
  • Business Management
  • Digital Media Communications

 

Potential Career Fields

  • Financial officer
  • Investment analyst
  • Banker
  • Business owner
  • Financial analyst
  • Tax accountant
  • Auditor
  • Comptroller

*Some careers and employment positions require graduate degrees, specialized training, or additional certification and licenses.

Business Capstones TM 03

MBU Program Faculty

Meet some of the people in who lead this program

Drost_Jeffrey_Faculty

Jeff Drost

School of Business | Associate Professor

Credentials

Doctoral Candidate, Regent University

BM, Graduate School of Banking, University of Madison

BS Business Management, Cardinal Stritch University

Stevens_Mark_Administration

Mark Stevens

School of Business | Instructor

Credentials

BS Business Management, Maranatha Baptist University

BS, Baptist University of America

Foster_Tracy_Faculty

Tracy Foster

School of Business | Chair

Credentials

DBA, Walden University

MBA, Syracuse University

BS, Montana State University

CPA, CGMA, and CDFM-A

Pfaffe_Corey_Faculty

Corey Pfaffe

School of Business | Professor

Credentials

PhD Management Science, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

MBA Management, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater

BBA Accounting, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire

AS Accounting, Mankato Commercial College

Admissions: Request Catalog

X